Tuesday, July 3, 2012

In Which I Add Snazz to My Blog

Okay, I've mentioned it in a number of posts and now I've FINALLY done it.  PICTURES!!  When power is out at work, the only way to distract yourself from realising it's about as hot inside your office as it is outside, and there is literally no escape is to sit down at your old desk because it is downstairs and therefore 3 degrees cooler than your desk upstairs (and also because it is cleaner) with a box of Crayolas and a stack of printer paper and have at it.  So here we go:

This is a shoe.  My shoe, to be exact.  Size 8 1/2, fairly average as far as women's shoes go.


This is a zucchini.  One of the zucchini from my garden before the little rat bastard squash bugs moved in and decimated by precious plants.
Don't let the picture fool you.  Looks like your typical zucchini, right?  Wrong!  Here is a side by side comparison of my shoe and several of my zucchini.  And a yellow squash.
See?  Freaks of nature.  Incidentally, and to prove I'm not making things up, I took a real picture of this set up and sent it to my parents.  So if you don't believe me, ask them.  The zucchini bread was made from two of the middle sized zucchini (the super monsters).  I still have two of the smaller (all relative) zukes and the yellow squash to eat, but to be frank, I'm zucchinied out!


This is a pig.
He speaks for himself.  He makes ham and bacon and pork chops and all kinds of delicious.  And when you use his drippin's in a pie crust, you get
BACON BERRY PIE!  Obviously, seen here before its untimely demise.  Mmmmm pie.


This is the reason I hate charcoal grills.
KABOOM.  Goodbye knuckles and some of my hair.  (This reminds me of what I want to write about in my next post.  It will be full of flowers and history and massive amounts of nerdage!)  Still, it was free, it's the only grill I have, and the steak I eventually grilled on it was spectacular.  Might even have the leftovers for dinner tonight.  In fact, I WILL have the leftovers for dinner tonight.  TRY AND STOP ME!

Ahem.

We'll close this pictorial romp with a visual for my nummy roast potato recipe.
Voila!  Future posts shall contain equally colourful and delightful illustrations.  Mostly because I just like using crayons.  Enjoy the visual stimulation, my friends.  Stay hungry!

1 comment: